All Future Events
WHAT: The Center for Cancer Research and Therapeutic Development (CCRTD) at Clark Atlanta University (CAU) is hosting its annual town hall meeting in partnership with CAU-TV. The theme is “The Impact of Health Care Reform in Impoverished Communities”. This event will focus on health care reform legislation both at the federal, state and local levels relevant to patients and consumers.
Confirmed Panelists Include:
- Ambassador Andrew Young, Good Works International, LLC
- Anton Gunn, Regional Director, United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Awodele Omilami, Hosea Feed the Hungry and Homeless
- Admiral Clara Cobb, Regional Health Administrator, United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Shafiq A. Khan, Ph.D., Director, CCRTD at Clark Atlanta University
• Andrea Arceneaux Coleman
WHY: CCRTD has been able in recent years to establish and build its community outreach component. With our efforts in the community, we have educated African Americans through our outreach initiatives aiming at bringing about awareness of prostate cancer, as well as other diseases and health issues that disproportionately impact our health. During this Town Hall Forum our goal is to assemble renowned leaders, community advocates, medical professionals and researchers across the nation for a national dialogue on issues pertaining to health care advocacy and education in underserved populations. Join us as we discuss the impact of the new health care reform to members on minorities and underserved populations. Come and have your questions answered about the recent proposed health care legislation.
WHEN: January 26, 2011 at 1:00 pm
WHERE: Clark Atlanta University
Robert W. Woodruff Library
Virginia Lacy Jones Exhibition Hall
111 James P. Brawley Drive S.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30314