POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
The Hinton Laboratory in the Center for Cancer Research and Therapeutic Development (CCRTD) at Clark Atlanta University is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the area of cancer biology and biochemistry. The selected candidate will be expected to perform cutting edge research in prostate cancer with an objective to gain competitiveness for transitioning into an academic position. The selected candidate will also carry out research in the areas of G-protein coupled receptor signaling and in vivo analysis of metastasis and angiogenesis. Applicants should possess a solid knowledge in cancer biology and/or G-protein signaling and biochemistry. The Postdoctoral Research Associate will be responsible for design, execution and interpretation of laboratory experiments. The following responsibilities will be expected:
• Conduct active lab research on a semi-independent basis: design and evaluate
experiments; develop new ideas that promote current research; prepare and
publish scientific manuscripts under direction Principal Investigator; secure
postdoctoral funding under direction of Principal Investigator; attend and give
seminars; bring new expertise to the research program, particularly in vivo
• Other responsibilities: (i) teach techniques to other lab personnel; (ii) train and
oversee technicians as determined by Principal Investigator; (iii) may be
responsible for operation of specific equipment; and (iv) help further goals of the
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervising scientist.
• Actively seek opportunities that will competitively transition to an independent
Preference will be given to candidates with background and experience in vivo analysis, molecular biology, cell biology and related techniques.
Qualifications: (i) Ph.D. in fields related to the biomedical sciences; (ii) 2-3 years of research experience post being awarded Ph.D. candidacy and/or must have published one (1) first-authored manuscript in relevant areas.
The Hinton Laboratory in the Center for Cancer Research and Therapeutic Development (CCRTD) at Clark Atlanta University is seeking a Research Associate in the area of cancer biology and biochemistry. The selected candidate will be expected to:
• Primary responsibility in laboratory maintenance: keep meticulous records of
the budget, orders and inventory. Maintain upkeep of major research equipment
• Keep meticulous records of all experiments performed, and analyze data obtained
• Perform experiments in molecular and cancer biology and biochemistry, e.g.,
nucleic acid purification, cloning, protein purification, immunoassays, growth of
recombinant bacteria and mammalian cell culture maintenance
• Assist in experimental design and laboratory maintenance, including ordering and
stocking laboratory supplies
• Assist in the training of students
• Follow biosafety and radiation safety rules of Clark Atlanta University and the State
• Compliance with policies of Clark Atlanta University
Preference will be given to candidates with previous research experience.
Qualifications: (i) B.S. or M.S. (preferred) degree in biology, chemistry or the biomedical-related sciences; (ii) two to three years of previous research experience preferred.
Please submit resume and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references to: Dr. Cimona Hinton, Department of Biological Sciences, Clark Atlanta University, 223 James P. Brawley Drive, SW, Atlanta, Georgia 30314 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.